Wish you could get a refund on high-priced Tesla Model S insurance in San Diego? Trust us when we tell you there are many San Diego consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Sadly, nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. San Diego drivers could save roughly 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive best rates possible on Tesla Model S insurance in San Diego.
It’s a good idea to compare prices on a regular basis since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rates on Tesla Model S insurance in San Diego a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to buy cheaper Tesla Model S insurance in San Diego.
Best Tesla Model S insurance prices in California
The following companies provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in San Diego
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Premiums drop with age – Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
- When should you file a car insurance claims? – Companies in California generally give most affordable rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you in the event that you are found liable for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insurance loss data for a Tesla Model S – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Tesla Model S Vehicles
Specific Tesla Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these discounts on Tesla Model S insurance in San Diego
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Tesla may allow you to get lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Diego without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Local neighborhood San Diego car insurance agents
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Diego.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in San Diego who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Diego?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years have they been established?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When you buy San Diego auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered many tips how you can compare Tesla Model S insurance rates in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more you quote San Diego auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)