No sane person loves paying for insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Amazingly, most California insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Since vehicle owners have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to choose the best company.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Subaru Baja insurance in San Diego last year the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper Subaru Baja insurance in San Diego.
Comparison shopping for the best policy in San Diego is not that difficult. In a nutshell, every car owner who compares rate quotes for auto insurance will most likely find a better price. But California drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
Most major insurance companies provide coverage price quotes online. The process is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system obtains your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Subaru Baja insurance in San Diego makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to get a better rate.
To get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though San Diego Baja insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable Subaru Baja insurance rates in San Diego
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application digitally online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts in San Diego, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in San Diego.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free San Diego auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in San Diego can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Jing Zeng Financial and Insurance Service
7323 Convoy Ct # B111 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 268-7010 – View Map
Rob Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9939 Hibert St #203 – San Diego, CA 92131 – (619) 275-6000 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Diego?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Once you have good feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always cancel your policy at any time so never assume you are locked into a policy with no way to switch.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Cover all your bases
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for Subaru Baja insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Diego auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Subaru Baja insurance in San Diego can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)