I doubt anyone likes paying for insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of insurance customers in California have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. American consumers could cut their rates by $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rates.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with advertising and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to save money using these methods. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Diego can be much easier if you know how to start. Although California car owners must understand the way companies price insurance differently because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates in California
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$330||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$454||$960||$748||$44||$224||$2,430||$203|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$516||$1072||$534||$32||$160||$2,314||$193|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$364||$648||$416||$24||$124||$1,576||$131|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$428||$876||$894||$52||$268||$2,518||$210|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$438||$712||$868||$52||$260||$2,330||$194|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$334||$556||$868||$52||$260||$2,070||$173|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$406||$764||$500||$30||$150||$1,850||$154|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$330||$616||$464||$28||$138||$1,576||$131|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$350||$656||$682||$40||$204||$1,932||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage rates significantly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set guideline for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of men versus women in San Diego
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Six factors that impact insurance costs
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels.
- Commute or pleasure use - Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Ram 3500 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Combine and save - Most larger insurers provide lower prices for people that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Dodge Ram 3500 rates in San Diego to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Mature drivers save more - Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Better insurance rates on cars with good safety ratings - Safer cars cost less to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Too many policy claims will drive premiums up - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies in California award lower rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Diego with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Memberships - Being in a civic or occupational organization in San Diego could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Dodge may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a San Diego car insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driver, membership and employees, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, multiple autos, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, teen driver, early bird, good student, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in San Diego.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is important especially in San Diego.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
The following are agents in San Diego who can help you get price quotes for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Diego.
Choosing a insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Cheaper insurance is out there
We just covered many ideas to reduce Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices online in San Diego. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper insurance in San Diego can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Diego, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote San Diego car insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)