Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Ford Fiesta insurance in San Diego? I doubt anyone looks forward to paying for insurance, especially when they know they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in California could save $500 every year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched.
There are many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for Ford Fiesta insurance in San Diego.
Score discounts on San Diego car insurance
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Diego car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Fiesta can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident Free – San Diego drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, good student, alternative fuel, business and professional, teen driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, driver training, good student, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance includes discounts for paid-in-full, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, anti-theft, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
Double check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply to policies in San Diego. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
How to get San Diego Ford Fiesta insurance rate quotes
Most of the larger companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. The process is quite easy as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. Once entered, their rating system requests your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get rates for Ford Fiesta insurance in San Diego simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the best rate on insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Beginning drivers in California are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Extra policy coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Combine policies and save money – Most insurers provide discounts to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- More performance means higher premiums – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in your rates. Since the Ford Fiesta is classified as a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in San Diego. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Raising deductibles lowers costs – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Good credit means lower prices – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Ford Fiesta by improving your credit score.
- Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one chargeable violation may increase your cost substantially. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Ford Fiesta insurance loss data – Insurers use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fiesta Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local San Diego car insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free San Diego car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Diego?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If they are an independent agency in San Diego, which companies do they recommend?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fiesta insurance, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Fiesta has a lien holder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly car insurance in San Diego is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop San Diego car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for State Employees in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)