Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Audi R8 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for your Audi and locate the lowest price.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rates on Audi R8 insurance in San Diego on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is too much inaccurate information about R8 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to slash your auto insurance rates in San Diego.
Save a ton by receiving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to look at their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when getting a San Diego car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Audi could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, distant student, homeowner, youthful driver, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Esurance offers discounts including renters, good student, claim free, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, and defensive driver.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for economy car, defensive driver, early signing, anti-lock brakes, premier discount, and multi-policy.
If you need the cheapest Audi R8 rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$558||$1368||$464||$28||$138||$2,556||$213|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$658||$1532||$456||$26||$136||$2,808||$234|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$482||$1040||$442||$26||$132||$2,122||$177|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$622||$1532||$534||$32||$160||$2,880||$240|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices considerably.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below examines Audi R8 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi R8 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Analysis of deductible levels
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Audi R8 insurance prices for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Get Audi R8 Insurance More Affordably
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Low stress occupation equals lower premiums – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to pay higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as professors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Age of drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teen driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. More experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Fewer miles means better rates – The higher the miles on your Audi in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your R8 can cost quite a bit.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Living in areas with lower population can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local San Diego insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in San Diego.
After completing this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare prices from independent agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in San Diego who can help you get free price quotes.
- Alcott Insurance
3945 Idaho St – San Diego, CA 92104 – (619) 293-3800 – View Map
- Einhorn Insurance
3940 Hancock St – San Diego, CA 92110 – (858) 336-4644 – View Map
- Rubin Insurance
6363 Greenwich Dr #120 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (858) 457-5720 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David James
8333 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 110 – San Diego, CA 92111 – (858) 278-4880 – View Map
- Karen L Wroan – State Farm Insurance Agent
12780 High Bluff Dr #180 – San Diego, CA 92130 – (858) 755-7553 – View Map
- State Farm: Tom Latsko
8680 Navajo Rd #214 – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 462-5701 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Diego?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Why you need quality insurance for your R8
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Audi R8 has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your Audi and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Shop smart and save
As you quote San Diego car insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. More affordable insurance in San Diego can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just covered many ideas to shop for Audi R8 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper San Diego car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Seniors in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)