Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Saab 9-5 insurance in San Diego? Wish you could get out of high-priced Saab 9-5 insurance in San Diego? Don’t sweat it because many San Diego consumers are in the same pinch.
Statistics show that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in California can save as much as 35% each year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched. Because you have many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
It’s important to compare prices on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Saab 9-5 insurance in San Diego six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Saab 9-5 insurance in San Diego.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is not a difficult process. Just invest a few minutes to compare rates to find out which insurance company has affordable San Diego car insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to physically go to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of a local San Diego agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-5 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,954||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
Saab 9-5 insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-5 premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-5 auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Saab 9-5 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saab 9-5 in San Diego, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saab at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Your 9-5 Insurance Rates are Determined
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Performance affects premiums – The type of car or truck you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Saab 9-5 is considered a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more as compared to the average rate in San Diego.
Older drivers are lower risk – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
Insurance policy lapses increase prices – Going without insurance can be a fast way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Saab 9-5 scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Theft deterrents systems cut rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Credit history impacts premium rates – Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saab 9-5 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
Keep prices low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in California award better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Affordable rates by getting discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Saab could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your premiums.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, location of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, 55 and older, teen driver, air bags, student driver, and homeowners.
- Allstate offers discounts including utility vehicle, resident student, teenSMART discount, safe driver, premier plus, passive restraint, and economy car.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policies in San Diego.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What are good deductibles for a Saab 9-5?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Saab 9-5?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in San Diego.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in San Diego who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. San Diego agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
The following are San Diego independent agents that can possibly get you pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in San Diego willing to provide price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Diego?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Once you have received good responses to these questions and low cost Saab 9-5 insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific company with no way to switch.
One last note
When getting San Diego car insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable insurance in San Diego can be sourced online and with local San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read many ways to save on Saab 9-5 insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)