High-priced Buick Rendezvous insurance in San Diego can sap your personal savings and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is a fast and free way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Astonishing but true, most car insurance policyholders in California renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could save as much as $860 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the absolute best rates possible on Buick Rendezvous insurance in San Diego.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. If you had the best price on Buick Rendezvous insurance in San Diego at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in California
Even though San Diego Rendezvous insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Truth in insurance advertising
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies state the claim about how much you will save just by moving your insurance coverage to their company.
But how can every company offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
All companies have underwriting criteria for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. For example, a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. Any driver who matches that profile will get very good San Diego premium rates and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who do not match those standards must pay higher rates and the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of these techniques, you really should compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the lowest Buick Rendezvous insurance in San Diego.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you want inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in San Diego. To see a list of companies who offer discounts in California, click this link.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is submitted to companies in San Diego who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in San Diego should know the answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
When looking for local San Diego agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are San Diego exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent agencies in San Diego that are able to give rate quotes.
Cover all your bases
Discount Buick Rendezvous insurance in San Diego can be purchased from both online companies and with local San Diego insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Buick Rendezvous insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Diego auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Much are San Diego Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in San Diego? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)