Do you want to learn how to find more affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Diego? Baffled by the number of insurance choices available to you? You have so many options that it can be a difficult situation to find the lowest price for Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Diego. Everyone knows San Diego is a wonderful place to live, but expensive insurance makes it difficult to pay for enough insurance coverage.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched.
When shopping for Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Diego there are multiple ways to compare quotes from companies that offer car insurance in California. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does online San Diego Spark EV insurance quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Diego
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Spark EV insurance premium.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in San Diego. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in San Diego, click here.
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Safer cars means lower insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Marriage reduces risk – Your spouse can actually save you money on insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Know your credit rating – Having a good credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit is low, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
Your car’s features help determine prices – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
Pay more by driving carelessly – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Comparing prices from local San Diego auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in San Diego.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Diego who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of San Diego auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you need to check rates from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in San Diego that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Curtis Moring Insurance Agency Inc.
5425 Oberlin Dr #201 – San Diego, CA 92121 – (619) 718-7578 – View Map
- Anchor General Insurance Agency-Texas
10256 Meanley Dr – San Diego, CA 92131 – (858) 527-3600 – View Map
- Kostyo Insurance Agency
4456 Vandever Ave #10 – San Diego, CA 92120 – (619) 325-3600 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Harries Insurance Agency
4669 Murphy Canyon Rd Ste 101 – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 569-1120 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Aaron Farmer
7960 Silverton Ave #202 – San Diego, CA 92126 – (858) 689-0466 – View Map
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
5210 Balboa Ave, Ste A1 – San Diego, CA 92117 – (858) 277-1400 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Diego should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Diego?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel your policy at any point so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company indefinitely.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. They all seem to convey the message that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free San Diego car insurance quote and switch your coverage. How can each company give you a better price on Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Diego? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a desirable insured may be over age 30, has no driving citations, and does not commute to work. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile receives the best prices in San Diego and will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this stringent profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates which results in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
This emphasizes why you really need to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Persistence pays off
We’ve covered many ideas to save on Chevy Spark EV insurance in San Diego. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with an unexpected company.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in San Diego is attainable on the web in addition to many San Diego insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)