Do you want a faster way to compare the cheapest insurance rates in San Diego, CA? San Diego consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Chevy Cruze insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and obtain the lowest price from San Diego insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage once or twice a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Chevy Cruze insurance in San Diego six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you can learn to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Our objective is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and also pocket some savings Comparison shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Companies offering competitive Chevy Cruze rate quotes in San Diego, CA
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap San Diego Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. People that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Cruze policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Does your occupation cost you more? – Jobs like doctors, airline pilots, and medical professionals have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers such as farmers, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- File a policy claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in California provide lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Premiums can change based on your address – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving more miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Cruze may be costing you higher rates. Verify your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Chevy Cruze claim data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching companies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Cruze insurance in San Diego.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Cruze insurance.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of your policy.
To view insurance companies with discount rates in San Diego, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Diego that can give you free San Diego car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they full-time agents?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Chevy Cruze insurance in San Diego. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Diego car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)