Nobody I know likes paying for car insurance, particularly when the prices are way too high.
Sad but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Consumers in America could pocket up to $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy. Due to the increasing number of insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to locate the cheapest insurance company.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Diego is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Consumers just have to know the most effective way to find the lowest price instantly.
Slash rates with these discounts on Honda Element insurance in San Diego
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a San Diego auto insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper Element insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies before your current Element insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above are:
If you want the cheapest Honda Element rate quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in San Diego. To see a list of auto insurance companies with the best Honda Element insurance discounts in San Diego, click here.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is not a difficult process. You just need to take time comparing free San Diego auto insurance quotes to discover which company has inexpensive San Diego auto insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive to different agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$296||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,456||$121|
|Element LX 4WD||$202||$408||$574||$34||$172||$1,390||$116|
|Element EX 2WD||$192||$332||$456||$26||$136||$1,142||$95|
|Element EX 4WD||$326||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,678||$140|
|Element SC 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders increase Honda Element insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance deductibles
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Honda Element insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in San Diego will have answers to these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Be persistent to save money
When you buy San Diego auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can lower your Honda Element insurance car insurance rates in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable San Diego auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable San Diego Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Diego Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)