How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more competitive Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Diego? Did a good deal turn out to be high-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Diego? Don’t sweat it because there are lots of people in the same boat.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in California could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the lowest price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Diego.
You need to check auto insurance prices quite often because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Diego six months ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about 124 Spider insurance out there, but we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to slash your auto insurance rates in San Diego.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Some providers don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Diego auto insurance quote compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Fiat could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce your policy premium.
Companies that may have these discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be available in San Diego. To find insurers with the best discounts in San Diego, follow this link.
How to buy Fiat 124 Spider insurance online
Finding cheaper auto insurance quotes is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take time comparing price quotes from different insurance companies.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional assistance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance More Affordably
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Accidents hurt – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who have serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood San Diego auto insurance agent
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in San Diego.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to insurance agents in San Diego who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy insurance from local San Diego agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in San Diego can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to contact several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in San Diego that may be able to give price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Richard Turner Insurance Agency
3443 Camino del Rio S #221 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (619) 296-6222 – View Map
Barney and Barney Insurance Services LLC
9171 Towne Centre Dr Suite 500 – San Diego, CA 92122 – (800) 321-4696 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Keith Jackson Insurance Agency Inc
1081 Camino del Rio S Ste 210 – San Diego, CA 92108 – (916) 742-6995 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Diego that are able to give price quotes.
Fred Shadlow – State Farm Insurance Agent
7332 Casper Dr – San Diego, CA 92119 – (619) 464-4261 – View Map
David Hiser – State Farm Insurance Agent
910 Grand Ave #205 – San Diego, CA 92109 – (858) 272-2343 – View Map
Bill Flanigan – State Farm Insurance Agent
8888 Clairemont Mesa Blvd n – San Diego, CA 92123 – (858) 279-2173 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Diego should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Diego, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Fiat at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in San Diego. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable San Diego auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in San Diego? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Diego Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)